4 shallots, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of chicken broth
1 quart of half and half
1 stick of butter
2 lb of frozen sweet corn
½ teaspoon of turmeric
½ teaspoon of cumin
Salt to taste
- In the large pot, sweat chopped shallots and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add corn and chicken broth to the pot and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add half and half, turmeric, cumin and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook on low heat for about 20 additional minutes.
- Set soup aside and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend the soup in batches by adding a piece of butter to each batch. Note: Please use caution while blending the hot soup, do not fill the blender more then 3/4, always start with the low speed and then increase to high.
- After the all soup is blended, strain through a coarse strainer.
- Add more salt if desired & serve with chopped cilantro.